Thursday, November 3, 2011

Intrinsical (The Yara Silva Trilogy, #1) by Lani Woodland

Intrinsical (The Yara Silva Trilogy, #1)
Rating: 4.5 Snowflakes



An Intriguing, haunting story with an intense pull leaving you gasping for more. Intrinsical was a tempting read by the cover alone. It’s mystical dark beauty had me curious and I was not disappointed! It fits perfectly with the story and just makes sense.
The writing is smooth and effortless which makes the story fly through your fingers. The plot was fresh and brilliant. Lots of twists and intricate details bring forth a visual reality only a crafted and skilled imagination could create. It was very easy to picture the scenes and feel the mood and connection with where the characters are.
There are many swoon worthy moments, but you will come to be very intoxicated by one particular individual. Need I say more?
Yara is a Waker, which is a name for people who can see ghosts. The ability gets stronger with age as Yara is figuring out. A Waker, though, does more than just look at spirits; they have the ability to communicate with them as well. There is a curse, a soul stealing ghost, a wicked funny best friend, a hot love interest and so much more.
Your most heroic characters as well as the most villainous have secrets. That alone doesn’t make them bad people, only believable people and that’s what Lani does to her characters. They feel believable.
I am looking forward to the next book in this series. I will most definitely be reading it.

3 comments:

  1. You have a great blog here! would you like to make some invite posts on my blog?

    Website
    Information

    ReplyDelete
  2. After study a few of the blog posts on your website now, and I truly like your way of blogging. I bookmarked it to my bookmark website list and will be checking back soon. Pls check out my web site as well and let me know what you think.

    Behance.net
    Website
    Information

    ReplyDelete