Saturday, November 12, 2011

Last Breath (The Morganville Vampires, #11) by Rachel Caine

Last Breath (The Morganville Vampires, #11)
Rating:

I don't know how Rachel Caine does it. She can create book after book and still keep the story fresh and alive. This is one series that never gets boring and keeps me excited for the next.

Right from the start, we get what we have been longing to feel for what seems like forever...NEKKID SHANE! (no, he really isn't, but we can keep hoping) Oh, how i had missed his humor and snide remarks.

"Look, ask him, okay? This is girl talk. I don't do girl talk." She punched him in the shoulder. "Ass." "That's better. I was starting to feel like we should go shoe shopping or something." "Next you'll be all Me, Tarzan, you, Jane!" "I've seen you stick arrows in vampires. Not too damn likely I'd be thumping my chest and trying to tell you I wear the loincloth around here."

The dialogue always keeps me entertained.

"If you screw it up with Claire, I'll rip your throat out and drink you like a juice box, so you've got some incentive." (Michael to Shane)

In Last Breath, Michael and Eve are planning their wedding. Oliver has warned Claire that they need to call it off and people don't agree with it. This puts Claire in a bad position.

One night, Naomi comes to the house asking for Michael. Claire is hesitant about this newcomer and questions Michael's love for Eve and their near future vows. Eve has known he wasn't totally comfortable with getting married and he kept worrying and thinking that it was cold feet.

There have been disappearances popping up in Morganville. There is a new evil that has came and is determined to destroy everyone in Morganville, living and breathing.

All the characters are back and still are amazing as ever. The plot is solid and the action was great. The "Glass House Four" as I like to refer to them as, have developed a deeper family relationship. I love their commitment to one another. I loved Eve even more in Last Breath. She was amazing in the other books, but I think she has changed and I like it.

There are a few new characters that are introduced and are relevant in the storyline. Good or bad, they equal excitement and intrigue. We get a new perspective on Amelie. With pressure pressing down and a feeling of defeat, Amelie makes decisions that alter the existence of Morganville forever.

The ending of Last Breath had me all sorts of excited! Drool worthy and touching at the same time. *sigh* I can't wait to see what Rachel Caine brings in the next installment. I wouldn't expect anything but amazing once again.(

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! an amazing article dude. Thank you However I am experiencing issue with ur rss. Don’t know why Unable to subscribe to it. Is there anyone getting identical rss problem? Anyone who knows kindly respond. Thnkx

    Click Here
    Mimoa.eu

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete