Saturday, May 5, 2012

Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa double review!


  

Amber and I both really loved this book so we decided to both post a review =)  Enjoy!

Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Release date: April 24, 2012

Blurb(GR):
In a future world, Vampires reign. Humans are blood cattle. And one girl will search for the key to save humanity.


Allison Sekemoto survives in the Fringe, the outermost circle of a vampire city. By day, she and her crew scavenge for food. By night, any one of them could be eaten.

Some days, all that drives Allie is her hatred of them. The vampires who keep humans as blood cattle. Until the night Allie herself is attacked—and given the ultimate choice. Die… or become one of the monsters.

Faced with her own mortality, Allie becomes what she despises most. To survive, she must learn the rules of being immortal, including the most important: go long enough without human blood, and you will go mad.

Then Allie is forced to flee into the unknown, outside her city walls. There she joins a ragged band of humans who are seeking a legend—a possible cure to the disease that killed off most of humankind and created the rabids, the mindless creatures who threaten humans and vampires alike.

But it isn't easy to pass for human. Especially not around Zeke, who might see past the monster inside her. And Allie soon must decide what—and who—is worth dying for.


Amber's review:
A refreshing unique dystopian about vampires-what's not to love! The Immortal Rules, has the power to pull you in. Taking place about sixty years after a virus has killed off most of the world's human population. The characters were compelling. I loved the protagonist Allison, she's a tough survivor in a very cruel world, staying true to who she is and what she stands for. When facing death, she had a tough decision to make-one she swore she would never become. She feared she would never lose her humanity, it's the driving force behind many of her actions. Learning to embrace what she is and who she will be wasn't an easy task. With every great story, comes a hero who adds a special flavor to the story. The loved the chemistry between Zeke and Allison. The ending tugged at my heart. On one side, I wish we could have seen what would have happened had she not left, but on the other I'm excited to see what's going to transpire when she finds Kanin.
Adventure, action, a sort of darkness beneath it all, a beautiful chemistry and an ending that makes you crave for the next chapter in the story. 
Crystal's review:
Holey Majoley! Ms.Kawaga is fearless with her characters! I have read books where the author has let some of the fan favorites die but I have never read a book where you never knew who to get attached to because every time you turned the page someone died until now.
I have come to really appreciate not remembering the summary of a book I want to read. I went into this not really knowing what it was about and that turned out to be an awesome thing. I never saw any of the twists coming especially those in the beginning and I loved it! I don’t even want to give a summary of the book in my review because not knowing was so awesome that I hope more people do that and I don’t want to give anything away.
I have read the authors other series and I liked it but I wasn’t too interested in it but this one has gotten me beyond interested. I want to know more about this creepy vampire world!
Allison and Kanin are definitely 2 of my favorite characters. I loved how she tried to hold onto her humanity and tried to be stronger than the monster inside of her. Kanin was just amazing and even though I don’t think there can be anything romantic between the 2 I really hope we get to see a happy ending for him. Some of Kanin's quotes were amazing and really rang of what a vampire actually is. He didn’t romanticize the monsters that they actually are and that was a very nice refreshing change of pace because lets face in vampires are supposed to be scary.
I loved this book and I cannot wait for the next installment. The author did a fantastic job at bringing the everyday vampire back to something that should be feared and I give her major kudos for that!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! an amazing article dude. Thank you However I am experiencing issue with ur rss. Don’t know why Unable to subscribe to it. Is there anyone getting identical rss problem? Anyone who knows kindly respond. Thnkx

    Behance.net
    Website
    Information

    ReplyDelete