Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday, #59


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases we can't wait to get our hands on.
Here are a couple of things I'm waiting on this week...

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 Movie
Release Date: November 21, 2014
Check out the latest trailer that was showcased at Comic Con on Friday!
Sadly, the only thing missing from this trailer was a glimpse of Peeta. Where are they hiding him??? I can't wait to catch more scenes of this upcoming movie.  Let me know what you think of this latest trailer. :)

In addition to the Mockingjay Part 1 movie release, I'm also excited to jump into this upcoming release:

No Place to Fall by Jaye Robin Brown
Expected publication: December 9th 2014 
Publisher: Harper Teen
Amber Vaughn is a good girl. She sings solos at church, babysits her nephew after school, and spends every Friday night hanging out at her best friend Devon’s house. It’s only when Amber goes exploring in the woods near her home, singing camp songs with the hikers she meets on the Appalachian Trail, that she feels free—and when the bigger world feels just a little bit more in reach.

When Amber learns about an audition at the North Carolina School of the Arts, she decides that her dream—to sing on bigger stages—could also be her ticket to a new life. Devon’s older (and unavailable) brother, Will, helps Amber prepare for her one chance to try out for the hypercompetitive arts school. But the more time Will and Amber spend together, the more complicated their relationship becomes . . . and Amber starts to wonder if she’s such a good girl, after all.


Then, in an afternoon, the bottom drops out of her family’s world—and Amber is faced with an impossible choice between her promise as an artist and the people she loves. Amber always thought she knew what a good girl would do. But between “right” and “wrong,” there’s a whole world of possibilities.
I get the feeling there's a road trip involved, and that's one of my favorite types of fictional journeys. I can't wait to meet Amber to see how her choices and opportunities affect her life. Sounds like a great story.

Sooo, what are you wanting on??? Be sure to link me up!

17 comments:

  1. Great pick!! This one is new to me. But sounds interesting and has a different kind of cover that is intriguing!

    Here's my WoW:

    http://addictreaders.blogspot.com/2014/07/waiting-on-wednesday-65-infected-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off, I'm digging the cover, because there's a MAP. And I like the sound of this one! I don't think I've read many books from the POV of someone who sings, so that could be fun!

    Rachel @ Beauty and the Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, I want to read this one too! :) The cover's cute and that blurb just sucks you in. Thanks for sharing!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for a great excuse to watch the Mockingjay trailer, AGAIN! :D
    I am super excited for No Place to Fall as well - it sounds so good! Plus the cover is amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved Let's Get Lost because it's a road trip book, and I love those kind of books. I didn't watch the trailer because I am trying to stay away from it, haha.

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pick. I'd love to read this as well.

    Happy Wednesday!

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I've been wanting to read this as well! I hope we both get to read it soon! :D
    Waiting on Wednesdays
    Stephanie Perkins Signed Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't heard of this one yet. It looks really good! Thanks for sharing!

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome pick!

    Come check out my blog and maybe even hit the follow button? It'd be greatly appreciated! http://bundles-of-books.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have an e-Arc for this one and i can't wait to read it either! it looks really good :)

    Nemo @ Blame it on the Book

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ok, I am SO excited about the Mockingjay trailer Woot! Woot! Also, I think your share looks like one for Rachel. I'm going to pass it on to her. Thanks for sharing. Happy reading.
    Waiting on Weds @Libby Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't wait to read this one, it looks absolutely fantastic. I hope you enjoy it when you get a chance to read it :)
    Here's my W.O.W.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've seen this one around, and it definitely makes me curious. I hope you like it!
    My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful cover! This sounds really good. If would be so exciting if there is a road trip!

    Here's My WoW :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. First of all, thanks for posting the Mockingjay trailer! I haven't seen it yet, so thanks for giving me the chance! I wasn't even aware that there's a trailer!
    And as for your pick, I'm excited for it as well! It's sounds like the perfect contemporary!

    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  16. I picked this one for my WoW last week, it looks so good! And I'm in love with that cover too!

    ReplyDelete