Monday, January 26, 2015

Review: Ensnared by A.G. Howard

22447220
Ensnared by A.G Howard
Publisher-Amulet Books
Released- Jan 6th 2015
Purchase- Amazon / B & N


After surviving a disastrous battle at prom, Alyssa has embraced her madness and gained perspective. She’s determined to rescue her two worlds and the people and netherlings she loves. Even if it means challenging Queen Red to a final battle of wills and wiles . . . and even if the only way to Wonderland, now that the rabbit hole is closed, is through the looking-glass world—-a parallel dimension filled with mutated and sadistic netherling outcasts.In the final installment of the Splintered trilogy, Alyssa and her dad journey into the heart of magic and mayhem in search of her mom and to set right all that’s gone wrong. Together with Jeb and Morpheus, they must salvage Wonderland from the decay and destruction that has ensnared it. But even if everyone succeeds and comes out alive, can they all truly have their happily ever after?
My Thoughts:
Ensnared, is the last book in what I believe is the very best Alice in Wonderland retelling I've ever read. To express into words how much I adored the Splintered trilogy is hard, only because I don't think I'll be able to give it the justice it truly deserves. What A. G. Howard envisioned for this world and how much imagination, creativity and spirit she poured left me completely mesmerized. I haven't been able to really get into a good book lately, but I devoured this like I was starving for my last breath.

Since this is the final book, I don't want to give to much away, but I'd like to take a minute and just appreciate this vividly wicked and warped world. I've mentioned it before, but I'll say it again, not since The Iron Fey series has a world captivated me and effected me this powerfully. All the netherling creatures and characters were so deliciously and deliriously maddening I couldn't wait to see what each would do and say next, and I honestly couldn't predict what would happen next. I loved all the twist and turns and how everything comes alive and raw through the eyes of each of these spellbinding characters.

Every single animated character in these books played their roles so incredibly well but Gossamer, Chessie and Rabid White earned a special place in my heart. As for Alyssa, Jeb and Morpheus? Just wow! These three beloved characters have owned every inch of this epic adventure. They've all come so far and I admire their personal growth and attitude throughout. These guys made me laugh out loud and made me swoon like a little girl. Seriously, the best chemistry and the best characters I've read in a really long time. I wont say to much about the romance, but I will say that I don't have a team. I have loved Jeb and Morpheus in two different ways but both equally have my heart. As for the ending? Well, I don't think I could have asked for a more fitting and perfect way to end such an epic story, but I think not everyone will feel this way, in fact, I think readers who didn't care for the epilogue in Clockwork Princess, may not care for the ending to this one as well. Just saying. But I loved, loved, loved!!

Bottom line, I absolutely had the best time reading this entire trilogy! It's has so much heart and soul captured against a backdrop of a warped, wicked and wonderfully weird world that I'd want to live in if I wasn't so scared;) Wildly entertaining and brilliant beyond belief. I can't wait to see what Howard comes up with next!!

Find the author:
Goodreads / Website                                  5 Snowflakes

5 comments:

  1. This is the most perfect review ever!it turned out even better than I had hoped for! I couldn't even sum this book up of I tried! ❤️
    ~ Britt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you gave Ensnared such a high rating! There's been so many mixed reviews for it, and I've been slightly nervous to read it. I love both guys, but I think I like Morpheus slightly better after Unhinged. Awesome review :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still need to read this one and can't wait to see how it all ends. I'm Team Morpheus all the way!!

    http://www.ablondelibrarian.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cover is so awesome ! I already liked the cover of the first two books.
    <3 Jenny

    http://jennys-bookworld.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete