Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Waiting On Wednesday


Welcome to Waiting On Wednesday here at

 Winterhaven Books!

This is a feature created by Jill at Breaking The Spine where we share some books we are anxiously awaiting.

Today we have two picks....

Milka's Pick:



Like It Never Happened by Emily Adrian

Expect Publication: June 2, 2015 by Dial

Stereotypes, sexuality, and destructive rumors collide in this smart YA novel for fans of Sara Zarr’s Story of a Girl, Siobhan Vivian’s The List, and E. Lockhart’s The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks.
When Rebecca Rivers lands the lead in her school’s production of The Crucible, she gets to change roles in real life, too. She casts off her old reputation, grows close with her four rowdy cast-mates, and kisses the extremely handsome Charlie Lamb onstage. Even Mr. McFadden, the play’s critical director, can find no fault with Rebecca.
">Though “The Essential Five” vow never to date each other, Rebecca can’t help her feelings for Charlie, leaving her both conflicted and lovestruck. But the on and off-stage drama of the cast is eclipsed by a life-altering accusation that threatens to destroy everything…even if some of it is just make believe.

I have always loved books that center around theatre! And what makes 'Like It Never Happened' even more exciting is the fact that the plot is built around the production of Miller's The Crucible, which is one of my favorite plays.


Brittany's Pick:


The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh
Expected Publication: May 12th 2015 by Putnam Juvenile 

A sumptuous and epically told love story inspired by A Thousand and One Nights Every dawn brings horror to a different family in a land ruled by a killer. Khalid, the eighteen-year-old Caliph of Khorasan, takes a new bride each night only to have her executed at sunrise. So it is a suspicious surprise when sixteen-year-old Shahrzad volunteers to marry Khalid. But she does so with a clever plan to stay alive and exact revenge on the Caliph for the murder of her best friend and countless other girls. Shazi's wit and will, indeed, get her through to the dawn that no others have seen, but with a catch . . . she’s falling in love with the very boy who killed her dearest friend.She discovers that the murderous boy-king is not all that he seems and neither are the deaths of so many girls. Shazi is determined to uncover the reason for the murders and to break the cycle once and for all.
As if the promise of a murder mystery and dramatic court politics aren't enough to make me NEED this book. I heard the writing is absolutely poetic and to die for (no pun intended...well maybe a lil' intended). The cover is also quite stunning; don't you think? This is in my top 5 "wants" for the year!


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18798983-the-wrath-and-the-dawn?ac=1

What book are you waiting on? 

Leave us a comment and let us know!


13 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I know, right? And the tagline on it sounds so intriguing!
      Thanks for stopping by Kim :)

      Delete
  2. Nice picks ladies, I haven't heard of either of these books before.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the reason I love WoW the most is the fact that weekly you discover awesome new titles you have not heard about - it is very good for my mood but very bad for my wallet :)
      Thanks for stopping by Angela!

      Delete
  3. I chose Like It Never Happened this week too, sounds intriguing! Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! Hopefully we get a chance to discuss it once we've both read it! :)
      Thanks for stopping by Keeley :)

      Delete
  4. The Wrath and the Dawn is one that I'm eager for as well. Great picks this week!
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like it Never Happened sounds really good and I'm so excited for The Wrath and the Dawn :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like It Never Happened is new to me but definitely adding to my TBR! The Wrath and the Dawn just sounds so, so great!!!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great picks I haven't heard of either before. I will have to check them out.

    My WOW

    http://readingawaythedays.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/waiting-on-wednesday-23.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both have a certain appeal to them :D

    here's our WoW :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great choices! I'm dying to read both of those~
    Here’s my WOW

    ReplyDelete